Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Magic Shoes

Remember the movie where a little kid who has no family somehow gets ahold of some magic shoes worn by some great basketball player, and when he puts them on, he plays basketball really great. Like the shoes are magic or something. I can't remember the title exactly.

Well, today I put Madalyn's converse shoes on Anna. Madalyn had been wearing them outside practicing walking on the grass. Afterwards, Anna wanted them on so her P/T and I decided to let her try them for fun.

Well, it was like putting on the magic shoes. It was like she knew she needed them and stood right up and started taking steps like crazy. Before this, she was NOT taking steps at all! She has been standing, cruising, etc for quite some time. She has been able to stand up in the middle of the room by herself, but would just sit or fall back down. So this was a complete surprise!

I tell you...magic shoes! :))
Ha Ha!

Really, it is probably because the shoes are supporting her feet more and she felt more comfortable to take steps. As a matter of fact we are heading in tomorrow for her appointment to get her feet measured for the Sure Step Orthotics that were recommended by Pat Winders (amazing PT for kids with DS). Perfect timing, I would say....

I am afraid that soon I will have 2 little walkers on my hands!


Ha!! Well enjoy this little video of some of Anna's first steps. And if you make it all the way through, you will get to see Madalyn signing "more" as well. These 2 girls crack me up! They are so good for each other. :))








No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language