Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wow! We're totally new to this blog thing, and keeping up with it is going to be interesting! But totally a blast I think!! So anyway...on March 18, 2010, it became official! We got all the paperwork in to Reece's Rainbow to commit to little Magda and Arianna! We can hardly believe it but we will soon become the parents to 2 more precious little daughters! It really is sooo exciting....what fun it will be to dress up 3 little girls!!! :) (We have 6 boys and only 1 girl, and I have wanted some more little girls for a long time now!)

It really is hard to imagine that we are actually doing this! To think we have children in another part of the world is so unbelievable, so cool, but yet so hard because I am thinking of them as mine. Are they being held and loved? Are they getting enough to eat? Are they healthy? I want to have them here NOW. Why can't it be easier to be able to bring them home?

A year ago today we were still reeling from the news that our daughter, Madalyn, would be born with Down syndrome and would have to have surgery for duodenal atresia at birth, and possible heart surgery later. As a matter of fact, it was about the 17th or 18th of March 2009 that we were first told she might have Down syndrome. It was a lot to deal with. It is very hard when that is not the news you are expecting. But we cannot imagine our life any different now. Or any better. We cannot imagine our life without Madalyn just the way she is...and the fact that we would not be here on a journey to Eastern Europe to bring home these 2 precious ones if that had not happened! Talk about a total God thing! He is in control at all times, and loves us so much and totally has a plan for our lives! (I love it when He reminds me of that!) Most of the time we don't see it...or we just want to see our own plan! But we are so thankful for it and we know without a doubt that this IS His plan.

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language