Monday, August 9, 2010

Interesting...

A really cool little thing happened to me today. I was out shopping with a friend of mine. We were actually shopping for another crib for the girls' room and also luggage for our upcoming trip to Eastern Europe. As we were standing there in an aisle at Wal-mart, a man probably in his 20's or 30's with Down syndrome came walking by. I smiled at him and said "Hi" as he came by and then returned my attention to trying to figure out what kind of carry-on luggage we will need for our trip. Then I looked up and he was coming back over to me. As he got closer, he held out his arm as if to tell me he wanted to hug me. I can't even remember what I said to him, but then reached out and hugged him back. :)

That hug from a "stranger", a young native American with Down syndrome, was so heart-warming and meaningful. It was so sweet! And it wasn't until later when I could reflect about everything, that I started thinking there was more to it then just some coincidence. I mean really, what are the odds of that encounter happening right then?! I can't help but think that this is some kind of confirmation from our Heavenly Father that all will be well, we're doing the right thing, maybe even that I shoudn't be worrying about the flying part, etc. Mark thinks maybe he could've been an angel.... I don't know, I just know that now I cannot stop thinking about it all -- him, my girls, everything.... Whatever it is, I know it means something!

In the meantime, we will just keep praying for our sweet little ones. That they will be healthy, fed, happy, and receiving good care and fun playtime! We love them so much and can't wait to get them home! This evening, as the boys were helping daddy put together the crib and dresser we bought, they kept commenting about how we just can't wait to get the girls here! :) So sweet!! How exciting that we are actually hopefully in the homestretch!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language