Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our Sweet Birthday Girl


Our little miss Anna Michal Faith turned 2 years old on February 10th!
And we had a party to celebrate!
It was the first birthday party she has ever had.
Nobody brought her cake or gifts for her first birthday last year.
Nobody ever even visited her at the orphanage the whole time she was there.
And most likely, nobody even knew which day was her birthday.
My heart breaks because of that. My heart breaks for her birthparents who willingly let her be deposited into an orphanage because she was deemed unworthy, unlovable, and a burden to their family and to society. I wish they knew how so untrue that is!!
To not know what a bright, beautiful, smart, loving, outgoing, and amazing child they gave birth to and the precious blessing that she is... The thought of that is just almost too much to take in.


We hope that they will know someday where their daughter is. That she was adopted and that she has parents and a family that think she is the most wonderful thing ever! Maybe someday, her older sister will want to know about her and find her. Wouldn't that be amazing?!
But until then, we will continue to enjoy her and love this special little blessing that we have been given!!

Here's a few pics of all the girls in the beautiful dresses that their very talented Granny made for them!









Such sweet girly girls!!


Here's the whole group waiting for cake...



This is my favorite picture! Sooo funny! Anna loving the cake.
And Justin helping...
Everyone was enjoying the cake I think.



Toria was mostly just enjoying the silly kids making a big mess around her. :))



Madalyn getting a bit of help from her big brother.




Notice Justin's hand in Anna's cake again. Hmmm..



So good!





Happy 2nd birthday little one! You are a precious and wonderful blessing!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!! Sure looks like she enjoyed the cake. :)

Mel said...

Oh Kirsten!! You have a beautiful bunch, but I have to tell you, the three little ones just LOOK so much alike!! I mean, they could be bio sisters!! Isn't God amazing like that? We have had several comments about Timothy looking like us. hehe HAPPY BIRTHDAY to sweet little Anna!! Your girls will always be extra special to me because we got to meet them! :) Give her some extra smooches from her "auntie" Mel!!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language