Thursday, May 19, 2011

Prayer Request

I have a special prayer request. I know there are some awesome prayer warriors out there, especially when it comes to praying for children with Down syndrome and other special needs. I'm just hoping some will come across my blog and take a few minutes to pray for a special little one.

There is a very sweet little baby girl who just happens to be blessed with that extra chromosome and who is about to have open heart surgery tomorrow. I do not know all the details, but it is more than a "typical" VSD or ASD repair. All I really know is that it is a pretty significant heart defect. She is only 3 months old and has had to wait a bit to grow a little bigger so that she could have this surgery.

I remember when Madalyn had her surgery. The night before surgery was rough. Having to do all those pre-surgery things, plus not knowing what the outcome would be... Then when we got there, it was sooooo hard to let her go. Handing her off to these people knowing what they were going to do to her. (Not in a bad way, cause what they did was great!) They fixed her heart and that was wonderful.

I can say that now. But at the time, it was terrifying to think of what they were going to do to her little body and to not know if I would actually get her back in my arms again. Probably the scariest thing our family has ever had to do!



Right before they took my little ladybug - Nov 2009
Hanging on tight...




Anyway, would you please take a few moments to pray for this young family and their precious baby girl?

Thank you so much and I will try to post any updates about how she is doing as soon as I get news!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language