Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nellie

Meet Nellie!! She is living in an orphanage in Eastern Europe. She is 4 1/2 years old. She has red hair. She is in danger very soon of being transferred from her baby house to a mental institution.
Yes, she is only 4 1/2!!

This little girl has reminded me of our daughter Victoria ever since I saw her picture on RR. I'm not sure why... Maybe it is just because she is soooo precious and cute!!! :))

This is Victoria in her orphan clothes back in September when we were there in the same country that Nellie is in....



I really think Victoria would have been just like Nellie, if we had not gone and brought her home!!! If she had lived in her CRIB for another 2 years, like Nellie most likely has. Victoria pretty much stayed in her crib for all of her first 23 months, prior to us breaking her out of that orphanage and bringing her home. No joke. No exxageration!! She could not even sit up on her own or hold a toy in her hand.


That makes me really sad!!
Cause look at how far she has come since then!!!


Sitting perfectly now...



And crawling.

There is so much hope for these little ones!

ALL THEY NEED IS A FAMILY!!!

Anyway, I have the privilege and honor to get to be Nellie's 5/5/5 Warrior!! That means I get to advocate for her, help raise money towards her adoption, and hopefully help this beautiful child find her FOREVER FAMILY!!
What an awesome privilege and responsibility!
I have until July to raise $5000 toward her adoption fund. Won't you please help me raise money to save this child from life in an adult mental institution??

Nellie is a beautiful little girl! And it will truly be devastating for her to be moved....

Here's what the Reece's Rainbow listing says about her....


Nellie (6)
Girl, Born November 9, 2006

Nellie is about half done with the pictures! "Stop taking photos and come get me already!", she says. Beautiful carrot top red-head with bright blue eyes. She is already 4 now and facing the institution VERY SOON, hoping someone will consider Miss Nellie!

MORE PHOTOS AVAILABLE, can be adopted with any other children in orphanage 3 or 6.

$5008.80 is available towards the cost of my adoption

2 comments:

Katrina said...

so happy you are her warrior.I love Nellie, I have other pictures of her that my daughter madison found if you would like them email me katrina9@clear.net

http://www.bringingjosiahhome.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

hi there I'm Nellie's RR Warrior! I'm so glad she has a 5-5-5 warrior too! Isn't she a sweetie??? i love her so much. Now there are more of us to love her. I'll do anything I can to help you advocate for her. Think you might be an answer to the millions of prayers I've said for her. are you the one responsible for the 2500.00??? Asked everyone I thought it could be and they all said no. Keep in touch! And thanks for loving Nellie!!!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language