Thursday, November 24, 2011

And a great Thanksgiving was had by all...

OK so last summer Jordan went on a road trip with his Papa, all the way from Colorado to Washington.  They got to visit some of my siblings and my nieces and nephews while they were there which was really awesome, especially for Jordan.  He got to re-connect with family that he hadn't seen for like....12 years maybe.  Anyway, the main reason they went was to do some deep sea fishing!!  That is my Dad's absolute favorite thing to do!!  So for Jordan to be able to to go with him on a road trip like that was just so great for the both of them. 

My dad and Jordan caught a ton of fish while they were there!!  And had some great bonding time.  I  love these guys, two of the men in my life, and I am so very thankful for them both!!

"What does this have to do with Thanksgiving?", you might ask.

Well....today our family strayed from the typical Thanksgiving day turkey and we had a FISH FRY!!  Oh man, it was sooo good!!  My dad can whip up some amazing beer battered deep fried fish!    So yummy and we all ate too much.  But isn't that what you are supposed to do on this day!?!


The last time we were in Oregon, Jordan was 10 years old!!  The same age his brother Daniel, is now.  Wow, that seems like so long ago, but yet just like yesterday...  Don't they look a lot alike? 

I am so thankful that my children have each other and will always have each other.  There are a bunch of them and I know sometimes people wonder how we do this or why we want to have such a large family.  But the fact that there are so many of them makes me feel good that they have so many siblings who love them and will always be there for them, when Mark and I are gone.  Especially the girlies.  :)
Jordan enjoying his fish.

Toria enjoyed hers too!
Anna always enjoys her some good food!!

So does Samuel   :)

Daniel loved the fish.  We had deep fried bottom fish and a salmon filet.  Yum!!
And the man who makes the best fish fry in the world. My dad.  So cool that he lives only about 10 miles away from us.  :)
Beautiful Anna

The whole gang minus one. We really missed Roy today, but I am very excited that my oldest son is coming to visit us next week!  Yea! I can get some updated pictures of him then.  
Unfortunately, I still won't be able to get a recent picture of all of them together. By the time Roy gets here,  Jordan will have already gone back to school.  Ugh, that is just the way it is I guess...
Sweet Madalyn

Justin loves his "girlie girl".  He is very protective of her.

Of course the day wouldn't have been complete without a little football (in the dark).
  The boys posing in front of the football goal post that Samuel built all by himself. 
My little Denver Bronco fan

Oh and just for fun, here's a pic of the girls last Thanksgiving. 
It was Anna's and Victoria's first Thanksgiving ever! They have changed so much in just a year!!

I am so thankful for my family and friends and all the blessings in my life too numerous to mention.  Also I am thankful that next year we will have another sweet face in the family pictures!! 

Happy Thanksgiving 2011!!!!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language