This quote by George Mueller has given me a lot of encouragement lately. Do you know who who George Mueller is and what he accomplished in his life? Just briefly, Mueller pastored a church of over 1000 members, operated Sunday schools that taught thousands of children, all while at the same time housing, feeding, clothing, and teaching over 2000 orphans annually for several decades. Impressive, huh?
Even more impressive... He is known for relying solely on God's Word and prayer to support all of these works!!
Here's an example of one of the many stories of him relying on prayer to support the orphans:
"The children are dressed and ready for school. But there is no food for them to eat," the housemother of the orphanage informed George Mueller. George asked her to take the 300 children into the dining room and have them sit at the tables. He thanked God for the food and waited. George knew God would provide food for the children as he always did. Within minutes, a baker knocked on the door. "Mr. Mueller," he said, "last night I could not sleep. Somehow I knew that you would need bread this morning. I got up and baked three batches for you. I will bring it in."
Soon, there was another knock at the door. It was the milkman. His cart had broken down in front of the orphanage. The milk would spoil by the time the wheel was fixed. He asked George if he could use some free milk. George smiled as the milkman brought in ten large cans of milk. It was just enough for the 300 thirsty children.
Isn't that so awesome!!
The following is another quote by Mueller. I especially like this one. It has been very encouraging to me, especially during this adoption journey. When things are not going the way you think they should be or the way you want, sometimes you start to question if you are doing the right thing. That is something I have done a little bit of lately. :( I especially like the last sentence!!
Beautiful, right?! We know with all our hearts that we are supposed to be doing this! We know that those 2 beautiful girls waiting for us across the ocean are our daughters! They are supposed to be here with us. We have settled that this course we are on is for the glory of God, and we have begun it. So what is left? We will continue it to the end and we will pray, have faith, and never give up!
We have asked for help both prayerfully and financially here on the blog. We have been so blessed and humbled by the generosity we have seen! Thank you all so very much! We know the power of prayer does amazing things!! I am going to list a few prayer requests and if you would pray for us, we would really appreciate it. These are not necessarily in order of importance, just the list. :)
1. Pray that all the money that we need to finish this adoption would come in.
2. Pray that our matching money will come in at just the right time and before we travel.
3. Pray that the IRS will release our tax refund money. We filed our taxes last fall, thinking (hoping) our refund would come in plenty of time to help pay for this adoption. We have sent in "proof" to them several times now, and we have finally had to ask for help from our congressman. Pray that will be effective.
4. Pray for the girls for health and safety. Also for an easy and smooth transition to our family. Pray especially for Ruby, as she will most likely have to leave the foster family that she has been with most of her life, and head back to the orphanage several weeks before we travel. I know that is going to be very hard for her. :((
5. Pray for us to not give in to the stress and to enjoy the process and everyday as we finish out this adoption. It is hard not to get caught up in the worry of the money and all that is going on, and be upset over it.
Thank you all so much! If you feel like you can help us financially as well as prayerfully, that would be such a blessing to us! You can donate either to our FSP (which is tax deductible) or our Chip-In. If you can pray for us, that is super awesome!! We appreciate every single prayer!!
We also are still selling T-shirts here. We get a portion of the sale of each shirt sold. They are pretty cool shirts.
Our online clothing sale is going on here. Feel free to check it out.
If you would like to see a breakdown of our adoption expenses, you can see this post where it explains our financial needs for this adoption.
Once again we thank you for supporting us on this adoption journey. It is a wild ride of ups and downs and highs and lows, but it is so worth it. Our sweet girls are worth every struggle and stress, all the endless paperwork, and every single penny!!
Blessings everyone and have a great week!!!