Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Well, we have been busy busy....this seems to be an ongoing pattern! But I do think we have gotten some stuff done! Yea! Some days it seems so overwhelming and hopeless, but some days are definitely much better than others! We are waiting on some papers from the State of Colorado that will be our FIRST papers sent to Eastern Europe!!! There is something really exciting about that! It names our children and basically holds them for us to adopt! They are important papers!!!!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
We are almost done with the homestudy. We are hoping to have our last meeting with the social worker very soon and then once our medical appointments are done (on May 12), it should be just about finished and ready to send off to be approved by the State. Then it has to be sent off to be approved by US Immigration (USCIS). This is important as our family has to be approved by them as "OK" to adopt an orphan (internationally). All kinds of info about us will be checked out, including fingerprints, to make sure we are suitable. Because we have chosen to adopt 2 children, the fee will be a little more, at around $1500.00, plus a trip to Albuquerque to get fingerprinted. But as Mark and I keep saying...anything for our girls! We will do anything it takes...they ARE that important to us!
We are also busy trying to get many other official papers filled out and notorized so that they, too, can be sent to the State to be "apostilled" - certified as true and accurate and OK to send to Eastern Europe. This country is very particular about how they want things done, and all the papers we have done so far have had to be re-done at least twice to make sure they are right. What fun! ;)
It is a big paperchase, but we have a lot of wonderful help! The people at Reece's Rainbow are amazing! The are putting so much time into helping us figure out these documents -- and on a totally volunteer basis! An amazing testimony to how much they care about these precious orphans!!!
In the meantime....baseball season has started here in Bayfield. Our boys are so excited! It's no wonder this sport is an American pastime. There's just something about watching a baseball game that makes you feel patriotic or something.... It is a good distraction from adoption stuff, too. It helps me re-focus on the kids and their needs and helps me remember to try to balance everything. They all deserve our best time and attention and love! And we can't wait to include 2 more little ones into this. It seems like alot, but it will be okay! We can't wait!
Mark and I had a great conversation last night. We really believe that God is in this, driving this, and that He will provide for this. I needed some reminders of that lately!! And I am thankful my husband is really so level headed and just naturally seems to be able to keep things like this in perspective. A good reminder of how we compliment each other so well in different areas and what a good match we are as a couple.... :) I could not do this without him!!!!! I am truly blessed!

1 comment:

Kris said...

We are mailing our first papers to the Ukraine this afternoon. yay! So happy for both our families. :)

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language