Friday, July 30, 2010

Well, we still do not know exactly where our precious dossier is. All we know is that it is "truckin it" across Europe somewhere! (I have great Fed Ex contacts!!) I am picturing dirt roads and deep ruts and 4 wheel drive here!! :) Oh joy!! This, too, will become a great memory to laugh and joke about!! (I hope). Just as long as it gets there and I get to see my little girls soon!! It is so easy to forget that God is still in control here!! How sad that for the many, many blessings in my life, for all that He has given me and our whole family, it is still easy to panic and not trust Him and worry about something like this! He has brought our family to this! He has been so faithful throughout this whole journey! We wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for His prompting! Ok, so no more worrying! It will get there when it does and it will be exactly in His time!!

On another note, I just spent the whole afternoon/evening in the hospital with my Mom and Dad and my son, Jordan. My mom went to the hospital today in an ambulance thinking she was having a heart attack. Another one...... She had her first one in June, 2007. Ever since then, she has been a model patient! She eats unbelievably healthy, she exercises, she lost weight that the docs told her to, she has been so motivated! For the last 3 years she has done this!! She is soooo much healthier than me!! I can guarantee you that!

But, today she was in such horrible pain, she really thought she might be dying! Well, she ended up in the emergency room, and by the grace of God, her cardiologists that did her surgery before, were in town and not on vacation like we thought they might be! So they ended up taking her to the cath lab and the doctors repaired some vessels in her heart. She did really great! We are so thankful that she did so well during the surgery and is recovering well!

Mom, I love you so much and we are so thankful for the person that you are and the help you are to our family!!! Even though you always think you are just not helping us enough, you are so much more than you know!!!!

What a day this has been! I have been working hard to get ready for our yard sale tomorrow. We still don't know if we will go ahead and still do it, but we might, since I advertised it in the paper... I went to Walmart today to pick up last minute supplies for tomorrow. While I was there (with 5 kids in tow), it started to seriously rain and thunder, etc. By the time we checked out, it had slowed down some, so I had Samuel and Daniel push our 2 carts while I carried Madalyn under a blanket. About halfway to the car, it decided to let loose again! Oh my gosh, it was coming down! I managed to get Madalyn and Justin into the car and told Daniel (9 yrs) to get them buckled in. I told the 6 yr old to get in as well. I was yelling at Samuel (11 yrs) to help me load the groceries in the car. We both got totally soaked! It was poaring so hard....
We laughed so hard once we got in the car! I can't believe that happened, it was so funny!!! I haven't been that wet, fully clothed in a long, long time... But what a great memory!!

Like I said, what a day it has been! Oh my, what will tomorrow bring!?! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you had quite the day yesterday! I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Will pray that she continues to do well. Hope you were able to have that yard sale today. I know how much work it is to prepare for those. Your dossier will show up :)

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language