Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It is off!!!

Our dossier has left the building! :) :)

I was shaking today as I signed the airbill at the Fed Ex office! It is scary to think those papers that I have been protecting with my life for the last few months are gone....out of our hands. :( Why do I feel so protective of those things? Like if something happens to them it will be like losing a member of the family. Well, really not that bad, but you know... :)

We have an amazing friend who made a huge contribution towards our adoption by shipping our documents for us! Not only did this person pay for our documents to go to our girls' country, (and those of you who have sent your dossiers whether by UPS or Fed Ex or whoever, knows that that can be really expensive!), but they made the whole process so stress-free, pleasant, quick, and enjoyable!! And we didn't send them the economy route. We sent that baby PRIORITY!! To get there as quickly as possible!!! It may not seem like that big of a deal to that person, but it is huge for us! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I know from reading other people's blogs, etc. that some people have had real problems with getting their dossiers sent! I don't know who it was (but someone adopting recently with RR) told the people they were mailing their dossier with not to put any value on the package because it can cause problems with customs. They encountered resistence and maybe some argument and then after they left, that person added a value to their document anyway! I think it caused a big delay in them getting the dossier to their facilitator! That is just insane!!! I don't know if I am remembering the story exactly, but it was something like that! I don't even know what company it was.

We knew our dossier would be expensive to mail and we were planning on that, and we knew that there might be some problems with getting everything labeled right, etc. So we are extremely thankful for the quality service we received at Fed Ex and the amazing and generous friends we have!!!!!!! And I am here to say that Fed Ex in Durango, Colorado is awesome!!!

We will be tracking our "baby" for the next 6 days! It is supposed to arrive in our facilitators hands by next Monday evening. Now, I am not sure if that is Monday evening our time, or Monday evening Eastern Europe time. I might have to ask someone that! :) There is a big difference!! (9 hours difference!!) :)

Oh my gosh!!! We might actually have a travel date soon! :0

Girls.....we love you and can't wait to meet you! Hang in there! We are coming soon!!!!!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language