Monday, July 30, 2012

Curveballs...

I have not posted in awhile.  I just didn't have it in me. This has been a very emotional and hard several days. 

My latest post here on the blog was titled "Last night in Guangzhou".  Ha ha well the joke was on me!!  It wasn't our last night there.  That was last Thursday. We just arrived in Hong Kong this afternoon (Monday).  We were supposed to pick up the Visas for the girls on Friday the 27th, head to Hong Kong for the night, then fly out on Saturday the 28th.  Well, the US Consulate had some kind of computer issue and they were not able to issue the visas for the girls' passports.  Apparently this very rarely happens.  Our guide told us this has happened only one other time in all her years of doing adoptions. Ugh!!  I don't even really know what happened, but it sure messed things up. Daniel's 11th birthday was on the 27th and it did not make for a very happy birthday celebration.  Instead it was a very sad and tear-filled night/weekend.  It is really hard knowing that we should've been home 2 days ago.  And yet, here we sit.  The girls and Daniel have done wonderfully, especially considering they have been cooped up in a hotel room for the last 14 days.  We are all at the end of our ropes to say the least.  I must say this is ranking up there high as one of the hardest things I have gone through.  I feel like a wimp to even say that, but it has been HARD!  I miss my sweet kids back home and my husband!! I miss everything I think!  Lol Our trip which was supposed to be 15 days has turned into 20 days and included almost another $7000 added to the expense.  

As if adoptions don't already cost enough.  And we have our own US government to thank for it.  Ugh!

I am sorry to be a downer here.  This is definitely not a happy post.  Like I said, I haven't even been able to bring myself to post anything before this.  I do feel better tonight to be out of China, but we still have one more day and night to hang out in our hotel room before we get to start our trek back home. 

I just wanna go home!!!!!  (said face down on the floor crying and pounding fists)

It was really cool to get to Hong Kong, though!  It really is a beautiful and amazing city. The water and the green mountains combined with super tall apartment buildings and other skyscrapers really is very neat and different.  This does not look like China at all!  :) We crossed 4 or 5 big bridges and as we did we watched airplane after airplane coming in to land at the airport.  I know I probably said this before, but this is really a busy place!  So many planes coming in from everywhere in the world!  It is just amazing to me!

I will be even more amazed when we are on one of those planes and finally actually leaving!  Woot!  Please pray for us for safe flights and for the girls to do well.  They really have been doing great so far, and I hope they will continue to on the flights. 

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has prayed for us and supported us during this time!!  It means so much to us!  Also, to the people who have donated to our FSP and have blogged and posted about our situation, you are amazing and awesome!  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for that support!  It truly means the world to us!  

I will try to post one more time before we leave.  It is late here and I need to go to sleep. Here are some pics from our drive to Hong Kong.  

In China still...on the way to Hong Kong

.
 At the port of entry to Hong Kong 


 Here we got our passports looked at and some kind of laser/sensor gun pointed at us.  I have absolutely know idea what that was for...  

  Looking across the water to the city.


One of many planes that continually fly into this place.  This just happens to be a FedEx plane.  Lol 


 Apartment buildings!!  Wow!!!!  I can't even imagine how many people live there.




I can't remember what these things are called, but they go across the water here and then head up the mountain in the distance.  They go all the way up to the towers you can see up on the top of the mountains up there.  Pretty amazing.

5 comments:

Yvette said...

Praying for you all!

Vicky said...

Sooo sorry to hear of the delays, but thankful that you are now in Hong Kong. Praying that the remainder of the trip is uneventful and that you are soon all home with your family. Praying for extra strength and endurance!

Sarah said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That would be so hard! Thanks for the update. We will keep praying! The recent pictures of the girls sure have been fun to see!

P said...

Congratulations on making the big wait bearable & surviving tough times--hoping you are on your way HOME or heading out to be there. Everything for a reason and hope you can travel back to HK & china someday with everyone. Find a way! Safe travels & love guiding you cause patience cannot be part of your vocabulary anymore this week! Strength & peace & what a STORY!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language