Saturday, September 18, 2010

2 Little Cuties


Thanks to everyone for all comments! We love reading them!

Ok, so here are some more details about the girls.

Arianna – is 19 months old. She weighed about 6 ½ pounds and was 20” long at birth. She was approximately 15 lbs as of a month ago. She has big beautiful brown eyes and light brown/blondish hair. She can roll over, sit up, and crawl!! We even got that on video! She is very curious about everything, loves toys and Mark’s beard, and makes great eye contact! Her eyes just show so much expression and we can already tell she is going to be quite a smart little monkey!! And I could stare into those eyes all day long…..

Magda – is 21 months old. She was about 7 ½ pounds and 20” long at birth. She has greenish-blue eyes and light brown hair which is really red underneath!! We found out that she had open heart surgery about 3 ½ weeks ago to repair her heart defect (VSD). This came as quite a surprise as we did not know this had happened!!! Before surgery, she weighed approximately 12 pounds. She is very tiny and seems fragile. She still needs to be handled with great gentleness and care as she must be still somewhat sore from surgery. ( After Madalyn had surgery, we were very careful about how we held her and carried her for quite a few months!) She can roll over and hold her head up by herself, but gets tired easily. She doesn’t like loud noises or too much stimulation, but loves to have her hair and head stroked gently and to be snuggled close. This is great by me for now and bonding with her comes quite easily!

Both girls are just so sweet and we can’t wait to visit them again on Monday! (we get to visit them Monday thru Friday from 10:30am to 12pm)

We are just so very blessed and thankful that we have these 2 little girls in our lives now!! The process is so hard and long and frustrating at times, but they are just so worth it!

5 comments:

Tracey Sharp said...

Oh Kristen............they are absolutely beautiful!! I cannot wait to see everything that happens there. Thank You for sharing your journey with us as we will be there soon we hope!

Julia said...

THEY ARE PRECIOUS!!

Jamie and Jim Coleman said...

What precious little blessings!.....I can't wait until they are no longer a "jpeg" for the rest of us. Congratulations!

Mom Of Many said...

Hi, I just wanted to say "hi". I met your mom and nieces today at the River Run for Orphans in Durango. My husband and I pastor the River Church in Durango. They told us about you being overseas working to bring home your newest treasures so I had to peak. BEautiful, absolutely beautiful!

Blessings from Durango,
Linny

Kristin Ferguson said...

Both girls are absolutely adorable!!! So petite and sweet! Enjoy your visits with them and hopefully the process will go quickly!!!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language