Thursday, September 15, 2011

Adoption Progress

I just want to tell everyone who has read and left comments here on the blog thank you so much for the encouraging words about our family adopting Hailey!!!  It is just really awesome to know that ya'll feel that way!  (Sometimes it surprises me that there really are that many people that read this blog).  Anyway, thanks a bunch and keep commenting, we love to hear from you!!  :))

Here's just a quick update as far as adoption stuff is concerned.  At the beginning of September we officially got our pre approval (PA in adoption lingo for China adoptions) for Hailey. For those of you that don't know China adoptions, it just means that we are officially locked in to adopt her from China!  That was really exciting and it means that she is taken off the China shared list and that she is "on hold" basically for our family.  And it also means that now we have 6 months to get our dossier sent to China.  We are hoping our homestudy update will be done this month and we have already started working on dossier documents.  We were told to expect to travel sometime next summer, as the timeframe for adopting from China typically runs about 9-12 months.  Of course, we are really praying and hoping that it will be much sooner than that!  That is just too far away to imagine!  Our little girl needs to come home way before her 6th birthday in July!!  Alot depends on how fast the homestudy is done and how long immigration will take.  So if ya'll will remember us in your prayers, please pray for a smooth process and quick approval from USCIS.  We haven't actually sent our paperwork to them yet, and I will keep you updated as we go.  But it doesn't hurt to start praying ahead of time, does it?!  :))

I finally got our blog button added. Please add it to your blog if you have one and help us get the word out about Hailey's adoption.  Thanks!!!!

                    
Grab This!
Be sure to right click on the box below and then select all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just stopped by again to show the kids your new pictures of Hailey. Also wanted to encourage you with this.... Each night 2 of our girls specifically pray that Hailey's papers go through quickly and that you can bring her home soon. They've been praying along these lines since they found out her family found her. They are very excited to see your family. I told them they had to finish their school work first! I don't think it's ever been done so fast!! :) Lisa

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language