Wednesday, March 21, 2012

World Down Syndrome Day 2012

We are so happy to be celebrating World Down Syndrome day today with our sweet girls. This is our second year celebrating this day with Anna and Victoria and our third with Madalyn. These girls have brought so much joy into our life.  More than could ever be expressed in words.
  
The day of March 21st was picked for World Down Syndrome Day because of the numbers 3 and 21 (3/21).  People with Down syndrome have 3 copies of the 21st chromosome...hence 3 and 21.   Just in case you didn't really know that...   :))

We found out Madalyn had Down syndrome about a month before she was born.  That was 3 years ago this month.  It was probably one of the hardest times of our life.  We had no idea what to expect.  We just knew we loved this little girl and wanted her to be healthy. Those times were tough!  But once we met our little girl, we fell so in love with her and she has brought us tremendous joy ever since.  So much... that we knew we wanted more of that special love in our life!!

By Madalyn's first birthday, we were committed to bringing home 2 more precious blessings from Ukraine. 


These two have changed so much in the last 17 months!



And now here we are just 2 short years later getting ready to bring 2 more precious children home.  All these sweet girls sport that extra chromosome and they are all beautiful!! 
  


We are so very very thankful for the blessing of Down syndrome in our life!


1 comment:

Sharon Edwards said...

Your girls are just beautiful and I love the pictures.

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language