Monday, September 6, 2010

I would've posted sooner, but there has been so much on my mind lately. And so much to do! We are so thrilled with our SDA appt. date and the thought of meeting our little girls very soon!! But as simple as it seems to just get on a plane and go, it is also very scary and overwhelming! It is soooo hard to leave them!!!! Plus there is so much to work out when you have 5 young kids depending on you. And especially when you are leaving in the middle of football season with all the practices and games. And at the beginning of "welcome to school/germ-time"... And when you have a little one who tends to get sick much more quickly/easily than most kids and getting over it takes so much longer. Its just hard!

I know it will be okay!!! I have a really wonderful mother-in-law who is willing to take care of our children for such a (long) time as this! That is pretty amazing that she is willing to come such a long way to care for our children!!! I think she drove like 13 hours or something! And my own wonderful mother will be helping alot, too! We really do have so many supportive family and friends who are offering their help! We are truly blessed!! :)))

And now I'm supposed to be trying to pack light!! Oh, my....I am seriously having a hard time with that!! There are so many things from paperwork to money to clothes to toys to special snacks to electronics that we need to get organized and packed just right so it will all fit. Geez! But we are making progress, I think. :) I feel like the nutty fish Dory on Finding Nemo saying, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." And I can't remember a thing! Ugh...

1 comment:

Kat said...

May I suggest some things to bring? I was in your girls' country in 2006 and there were a fgew things I WISHED I had brought. The number one is toilet paper as they really don't have TP available in public toilets (and even some hotels, I got napkins in mine). Another thing is snack food you know you will crave. I got the most rediculous cravings while I was there because of the change in foods. I seriously had dreams about tomato sauce and peanut butter. Last but not least: Hand sanitizer! I personally find it disturbing that hand sanitizer can take off permanent marker but when you're in a dirty old public washroom with no soap, you'll be thankful for it.

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language