Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our Weekend Trip pt 1 and Friends!

We had such a great time on our Memorial Day weekend trip.  We got to meet Piper's family, have fun at the zoo, got Madalyn's appt's done (the sleep study part was not so fun), see my sister and her family, and go to a wedding at at the Air Force Academy.  It really was a good trip. Tiring...but good. 
We have met many people in the last couple of years because of our journey with Down syndrome and our adoptions of Anna and Victoria.  I am truly amazed at the friends I have met "online" and through our Down syndrome and Reece's Rainbow families!!  What you can do with the World Wide Web really is pretty amazing!!  There are definitely some negative things about the internet, but there are so many things that God is using for good!!   


For example, a couple of Sunday's ago, one of the lady's at our church was talking about how they are using the internet to witness to and bring people to Christ!!  So cool!!!  Have you ever heard of  http://globalmediaoutreach.com/?  Well, there are a ton of awesome things happening over there helping reach people for Christ because of the internet!  :)  Very cool!'


Anyway, we have met some wonderful friends in the last couple years since we have become connected with Reece's Rainbow and international adoption.


Well, we had the privilege to meet ANOTHER family last weekend.  An amazing family with a heart for children and orphans! Another awesome Colorado family who has been touched by Down syndrome!  A large family of 14 who had a biological daughter with DS, and then decided they wanted to adopt another!  Sound familiar?  Our family has been so blessed by this family who we only knew via the internet.


We got to meet just a portion of their children. And they are all such great kids!!  I was really impressed with how kind and sweet they were to our girls!! 


I only got a few pictures of the little ones, but here they are.  :)




The Dasher's have 2 beautiful daughters who have Down syndrome.  Josie on the left (above), adopted from China last year.  And Jillian on the far right, who is their daughter by birth.  I'm so bummed I did not get any more pictures of Jillian besides this one.  They are both such cutie-pies!!!



They brought little Josie home from China last year.  And like us, they are in the process again to bring 2 more sweet daughters home this year!  It is tough to do back to back adoptions!  Visit their blog to learn more about their girls and family and leave them some encouragement on their journey as well.  It is always nice to receive comments...  It lets you know people are reading what you spend time to write.  Lol  They also have a Reece's Rainbow sponsorship page, so if you feel led to help them with their adoption, I am sure they would appreciate it.  :)



We had such a great time visiting with Jillian and Josie's family!!



This one is my favorite picture!!!  Notice the "daddy's" in the background looking at their girls. So so sweet!!   Love!!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language