Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Count Down Begins

15

That's how many days before Daniel and I leave for China!!!

We are so excited to meet these 2 little beauties!!!


It is hard to believe we are at this point.  I know, I know!!!  We work hard and pray for this day to come...and quickly!  But now here we are, and even though it has been 11 looong months, it is still surreal as we book flights and pack and prepare to meet our daughters.


MEET OUR DAUGHTERS!!!

We will be meeting our little girls!  Yay!!  


So easy to say, but when you really think about it, it is HUGE!!  Two little girls who really have no idea who we are or even possibly, that we are coming.  They are going to have their whole world turned upside down.


Please pray for our daughters as they meet us and have to adjust to so much.  


Please pray that God is preparing their hearts for adoption.  Also please pray specifically for Ruby that she will adjust well after having to leave her foster family whom she has lived with most of her life.  Not only will she be leaving them, she may already have been sent back to the orphanage to prepare for our arrival, so that is doubly traumatic.


Please pray for her foster family that they will be able to release her and have peace with what is most certainly out of their control.  I know from having been a foster parent myself for 7 years that it is tough to love a child and have to let them go!  I feel for Ruby's foster parents!  I know it must be so hard, but yet I am sure they know it is best for her.  I have been told that it would not be allowed for them to adopt her. Please pray many blessings on their family!!!! From what we know, they have been very good to our little girl. 


Speaking of prayers, I want to thank you all for praying for our family and supporting us, especially during this last leg of the adoption.  Thank you so much!  Many prayers have been answered! Thank you to everyone who has donated!! 


Also... I have some great news!!!!  One big prayer has been answered!  You may recall in this post I asked for prayers that our tax refund would come.  We had been dealing with the IRS about this for over a year, and they were just not working with us. As a matter of fact, they were somewhat rude to Mark the last time he talked to them and assured him that they were not in a hurry to get it all straightened out.  It was at that point that we felt we had no choice but to contact our local congressman's office for help.  Well, guess what?!  Just yesterday we received a letter from them informing us that the IRS had approved the refund and they will be mailing the check to us tomorrow!!!!!  Praise the Lord!!!  It will be enough to cover the rest of what we need!  His timing is truly amazing!!!  God has been with us every step of this journey!  Every single time we needed money, it came one way or another.  Every single time we questioned or started to doubt, He reassured us that He is in this completely!  This post is an example of His reassurance.  This adoption journey has grown Mark and I both so much in our faith.  We literally started with nothing when we committed to Hailey.  We did not even have enough to pay for our first homestudy visit. (Our social worker was very flexible and willing to wait for that money).  Amazing.  And now here we are.  God has heard our prayers and answered.


I will post again soon when we have our itinerary. But for now, I need to get busy packing!!!   


One more thought...  If you are considering adopting, let our story encourage you.  Please don't be afraid to step out in faith and go for it!  You don't have to be afraid!!  


So what are you waiting for?? 

1 comment:

Jamie and Jim Coleman said...

Wow, praise God!!! What a cool God story!!!! Yay God!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language