Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We were really hoping our homestudy would be done and reviewed last week, approved and ready to be sent off to immigration. But that was not to be. :( We are trying to remind ourselves that there is a reason for this. We don't know what it is, but that is okay. We can continue on and trust that God is ultimately in control and whatever is going to happen, we are okay with that. No, it does not make it easier to accept that things are not going the way we want them to! But it does give us a reason to keep the faith!

So we will meet with our social worker at least one more time this week, hopefully twice before the week is done. Then we shouldn't need to meet anymore and she can hopefully get our homestudy emailed back to the agency. Then they will review it, Reece's Rainbow will review it, so will we, and then on to the State of Colorado for them to officially approve it. Once that is done, we can send it off to USCIS along with our "petition to adopt an orphan". That process takes about 4-6 weeks and so we are really in a hurry to get that waiting period started!

We are really wanting to be able to travel this summer, hopefully be bringing the girls home in August. Not sure that is gonna happen, but that would be great for our timing. It might not be God's timing...and we really we do want it to happen in His time. It will work out for the best if we do not push it for us, but wait on Him. This I know to be true!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language