Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Department of Homeland Security

Doesn't that sound official and make you feel kinda patriotic or something? Well, I just wrote a check from my very own bank account to the Department of Homeland Security! (I like saying that, can you tell?) We just paid them $830 to apply to bring home an orphan from abroad, and to get more fingerprints done... Well, like Mark says, we have been fingerprinted so many times in our lives, probably more than some criminals, because of all the homestudies we have done and from being foster parents for several years. We are not sure why they have to do it again, it is not like our fingerprints will change or anything... They really like to check you out to make sure you are not a criminal somewhere!! The funny part is...one of the papers we have to fill out for our dossier is a form to have us "checked out" internationally! It is called Interpol. It is like the FBI, but the "International FBI". That is pretty funny, cause neither one of us has ever stepped foot out of this country, let alone did something illegal somewhere out there! Oh, that's not true, I think when I was a kid like 3rd grade or something, my family took us to Niagara Falls and I think I was actually in Canada for awhile!!! Hopefully I did not try to go over the falls in a whiskey barrel or something like that!!
Ok, so that made me think of the song "Somewhere Out There" and it is now in my head and I think it is cute. So I will post the lyrics. You will probably remember this from An American Tail. (listen to the first song on my playlist).

Some where out there beneath the pale moonlight,
someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight.
Somewhere out there, someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there.
And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on that same bright star.
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky.
Somewhere out there, if love can see us through
Then we'll be together somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true....

Neat song, huh? It really made me think of my girls. Well I just had to post this, I think it is hilarious about the Interpol stuff. But the good news is....our homestudy is done!!! We are waiting on Colorado Human Services to approve it, which they should...then by next week it will be off to USCIS along with all our other documents and it will just be a waiting game from then on!

I started this process excited, but deathly afraid of the actual traveling. But now...I am so ready to go! I am excited to go to our girls' country and see what their culture is like! I want to meet them so bad! It is sooo exciting! I will miss my children terribly!!! I am really worried about leaving my 2 little ones, especially Madalyn, as she will only be about 16 months old when we are gone! She will have no idea where we are, so please pray for her during that time. We really considered taking her, but with her health issues, we really just felt it is safer for her to be here in her own country near her most awesome Dr McGrath (cardiologist and pediatrician) who knows her best! And she will be well taken care of by some people who love her very much! I know it will be hardest on me...she will probably be fine! :)

I cannot wait to go and get her sisters!!!!!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language