Sunday, October 16, 2011

Down syndrome Creed

My face may be different
But my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry...
And take pride in my gains

I was sent here among you
To teach you to love
As God in the heavens
Looks down from above
To Him I'm no different
His love knows no bounds
It's those here among you
In cities and towns


That judge me by standards
That man has imparted
But this family I've chosen
Will help me get started
For I'm one of the children
So special and few
That came here to learn
The same lessons as you

That love is acceptance
It comes from the heart
We all have the same purpose
Though not from the start
The Lord gave me life
To live and embrace
And I'll do it as you do
But at my own pace.

1 comment:

Jamie and Jim Coleman said...

LOVE the poem and Victoria's new hair cut! IT is SOOO STINKIN CUTE!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language