Thursday, July 19, 2012

Orphanage Visit

Well yesterday was a rough day. We had to be on the road early to drive 3 hours to Ai's orphanage.  It was a wild ride!!  And that is putting it mildly.  You know the cars that speed down the freeway dodging in and out of traffic, cutting people off by inches, passing on the right hand shoulder, going 75 mph, etc?  The ones that we all say, "Hey where's the cop when you need one?" Ha ha.  Well... yesterday we were that car! Oh my goodness it was pretty scary.  We did find seatbelts in the van, so we put them on and buckled the girls up.  No car seats, but at least I felt like they wouldn't be ejected if we were to wreck.  lol  That ride was pretty mentally draining.  

The visit to the orphanage was wonderful and I am so glad we went!  We got to meet Kyla, who I had been in contact with early on, and who runs the ICC Hengyang project.  We got to meet the nannies that took care of our girl and that was an emotional and teary visit. We got to see all the little ones in Ai's section of the building and they are all so precious!!  One little girl in particular I am completely smitten with. Oh my...  

There is so much I would like to share but can't for various reasons at this time.  I will at a later date and when I am not here in country and when I have processed it all a little better.  The people there are all very very nice!  They welcomed us with open arms, watermelon, and grapes and took us out to lunch as well. 

 The sign welcoming people to Hengyang

 Sign to the welfare center

 Eating watermelon and grapes with the directors of the orphanage

 Kyla with Ai Ai.  Another lady from ICC in the background

 Kyla and the nanny who was so close to Ai. She was very upset and sad to see her go. Tears... :(


 This little one had just woken up from her nap.  She is available and needs a family.  She is GORGEOUS!!!

 I love her!  SOOOOO PRECIOUS!!!

 Ai's best friend at the orphanage.  He needs a family.  He has vision impairment.

  The gate at the orphanage.
 Ai and her best friend hugging goodbye.  More tears...  :(


 After lunch with real Chinese food!  It was really good!

 The spot where Ai was abandoned.  Gorgeous place but it was very sad to see it.  Just cannot imagine...

   
Well that's about it for now.  We are going to check out of the hotel, pick up some paperwork for Ai, and then we will fly to Guangzhou at 5:30 p.m.  Prayers for safety in travel and for the girls to do well on the flight would be greatly appreciated.  We are flying about 3:30 or 4:00 a.m. MST. 

2 comments:

Misty said...

Oh, I can't imagine how hard the day must have been. Bittersweet. Alot to take in...even for the reader, but in person. Ei-yi-yi. Hugs friend.

Jamie and Jim Coleman said...

Has me in tears! What love they will always have for your sweet girl! So glad you got to witness that first hand!! Hugs!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language