Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nanning to Changsha

I only have time for a short post. We are in Changsha now.  This is the capitol city of Hunan and it is very large.  Also seems very different from Nanning. 

We are headed to get Emilee Ai (Hailey) today!!!!!!!!  We will meet her at 10:30 a.m.  We have been looking at this little girls pictures for over 18 months now and it's going to be amazing to see her for the first time!  

I. CAN'T. WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was a very loooonnng day!  It is so hot and humid in Nanning and most office buildings do not have air conditioning.  We had to be up, eat, and be ready to go by 9 a.m.  We headed over to the civil affairs building where we waited for our paperwork to be completed and and our turn to answer questions from the officials there. They had a little waiting area with toys for the children which was really cute and helpful.  We were there for at least an hour and a half I think.  It was so hot we were all just dripping wet.  ugh!  I definitely miss my AC back home!!  After that we headed to another building across town for the notary.  That building at least had a waiting room with an air conditioner and Daniel and I just stood in front of it the whole time.  Lol




 You can telll how sweaty Daniel is in this picture.


Then we headed straight to the airport, which I knew would be hot from when we landed here on Sunday.  But our flight was delayed and we sat there for an hour or more in a very crowded waiting area and most people just could not help but stare at us.  I am pretty sure we were the only Americans in that place, and especially the only ones there with a Chinese child.  Ha ha.


 In the van on the way to the airport.  Ruby is looking at a photo album we were given at the civil affairs office with lots of pictures of her and baby pictures too!  So cool!!!!!!

We did have one funny thing happen.  I young lady came up to me and started talking to me.  She could speak English a little bit.  She told me she thought Daniel was very cute.  I wasn't sure if she thought he was older, because when I said he was only 10 she looked really surprised.  ha ha  Anyway, it was funny.  She was very nice and just wanted to know about America.



This is our guide in Nanning.  She is very sweet and we really liked her!  She is young and new at this. This was her first adoption.  We thought she did an awesome job!  The amount of paperwork, and what paperwork needs to go where, is very complicated, and even though there were a few complications and mix ups, it got done and we've got our Ruby!

Well, next time I post I should have Ai!!!  Woo hoo!!!  

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language