Monday, July 23, 2012

The Final Countdown

Well, it is Monday night in China now. We have only 5 more sleeps before we get to fly home. Boy, I sure do miss my husband and my baby girls and my sweet boys at home.  I even miss the dry Colorado weather!  Yesterday and today were kinda hard. I've had to force myself not to think about home too much or I would fall apart. Funny how we counted down the sleeps until we left for China and now we are counting them down again to come home!  Lol  

Today we went to have the girls' medical appointments done. It wasn't so bad except for the TB injection.  That wasn't fun and I'm glad it's over with.  Lol  We will have to return on Wednesday to have the TB test read.  Please pray that the girls don't have a reaction to the test.  That would definitely not be news I wanna hear... 

 Waiting on the medical exams today.


I realized I haven't really posted much about the girls or how they are doing. They are adjusting amazingly well.  We have had Ruby with us for exactly one week now, and Ai for 5 days. 

We expected Ruby to have more of a difficult time adjusting, but she is doing great!  It is obvious that she has been well cared for and can receive love and affection.  She is confident, smart, and bossy.  She is also potty trained and we have only had one "accident".  She likes to play with dolls, stickers (thanks to my friend Tammy for the sticker book) and her magna doodle.  She is also very funny and can be super silly, too.  We are thankful that she is adjusting so well.  We have only had a few episodes where she was upset to the point of crying and one of those was today when they did the TB injection.  She will let me hold her and rock her when she is upset.  She still has a ways to go with attaching and accepting me as mommy, but we are off to a great start!  Oh did I mention she is potty trained?!  Ha ha

Here's a cute video of her eating. She scrapes her own chin with the spoon when she is eating and I was trying to catch it on tape. Once she realized I had the camera on her, she stopped.  Lol



Ai is doing pretty well, too.  She has come a long ways since gotcha day.  She still prefers Daniel over me, but she will come to me when he is not an option.  At least she is not reaching for every Chinese person that walks by like she did the first couple of days!  Lol  She loves to ride around in the stroller and she waves at everyone as we pass by.  She will say mama and baba (daddy) and she is already signing "potty".  She also knows the words to some of the Chinese kid songs we downloaded onto my phone. So cute when she sings along to it. She also loves her baby doll.  She will hold that baby up to snuggle with her and pat its back just like a real mommy!  So funny!  She loves the light up balls we brought and the big beach ball, too.  Most of all she LOVES music.  I have some cute videos of her dancing.  Here's one...hopefully it will post right.



























                                                  Ai loving on her baby doll.  So cute!



Here's a few more pics from today.  Daniel took these this morning during breakfast. It is the same waterfall from my previous posts and some fish swimming around in the water below.  Hopefully we'll get some more pictures tomorrow since we don't have to rush off anywhere after breakfast in the morning.  

We have a free day tomorrow.  Wednesday we get the TB test read and then we get to go shopping on Shamian Island. Thursday is our Consulate appointment, and Friday we will pick up the girls visas and then drive back to Hong Kong around 4:30.  Then Saturday we get to head home!!!!!!!!!  We are definitely counting down the days now...  Only 5 days til home!!!   Woot Woot!




No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language