Saturday, July 7, 2012

Today

To our dear sweet Emilee Ai,
( or Hailey as she is known on RR)

This is a very special day. Today is your birthday! Today you turn 6 years old. This will be the 6th birthday you have had to spend in an orphanage.  You came to the orphanage when you were just 8 months old.  I am confident that your birth parents had been loving you and taking good care of you...their sweet and beautiful little girl.  But then you got very sick. When they brought you to the doctor, they got the news that you had Down syndrome.  In Ch*na it is very difficult for people to pay for medical care and I am sure they were overwhelmed with the news that your diagnosis included more than just a respiratory infection.  I believe they loved you very much, but felt that they would not be able to give you the type of care (medical and otherwise) that you would need. I am so sorry that they had to make the heart wrenching decision to give you up.  But I am so thankful that they chose life for you.  They put you in a place where you would be found.  When you were brought to the orphanage, you had to be admitted to the hospital because you needed oxygen and had a severe respiratory infection.  But once you got better, you have been pretty healthy ever since.  You have also been very well taken care of thanks to a very special Christian organization who's goal is to give love, hope and opportunity to disabled children in Ch*na.  What a blessing they have been for you.  You are so very loved there.  You have been able to celebrate things like Christmas, Chinese New Year and hopefully your birthday as well.  

I am so sad that we missed all those years with you, but yet so very thankful that God brought you to us when He did.  This is the last birthday you will have to spend without your mommy and daddy there to help you celebrate.  It will be the last birthday without your 6 older brothers and 4 younger sisters partying right along with you.  

Happy Birthday Ai Ai!!  We cannot wait to see your sweet face and hug you tight! We can't wait until you are home, meet your little sisters, play with your big brothers, and sleep in your own bed.  Soon little one...very, very soon.


We love you sweet Emilee Ai!!


Love, Mommy and Daddy  

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language