Saturday, July 21, 2012

Weekend in Guangzhou

Sorry I have not blogged since Friday morning.  At least I think it was Friday.  Lol  My brain hasn't been working too well.  I think the excitement and busy-ness of last week finally got to me.  I am so glad we made it to Guangzhou, but now I just want to rest, hang out, and recuperate.  

Friday afternoon we went to pick up Ai's adoption paperwork and headed straight to the airport.  Our flight was supposed to leave Changsha at 5:30.  Well the flight got delayed and we ended up leaving about 7:30 after sitting in the airport a couple hours and in the plane for almost one.  We finally got to Guangzhou about 8:45 and met our guide at the airport.  We were so relieved to finally make it to the hotel and we just wanted to go to bed.  


 At the Changsha airport with our wonderful guide Wendy. 


Waiting for our flight. 


 Ai's first airplane ride and Ruby's 2nd.  Both girls did really well on the flight.  Praise God!

Our hotel in Guangzhou is AMAZING!  It's probably the most impressive hotel I have ever stayed in. Very beautiful, we love our room, and best of all it is air conditioned even in the hallways!!  Lol 

 A really neat waterfall at the hotel.  View from the top. In the mornings at breakfast we sit right at the bottom of this waterfall.  It is really pretty.

 An amazing staircase in the hotel. 


 Walking around checking out the hotel.

 Big brother helping Ruby with her shoes.




The swimming pool on the 4th floor.  Very cool. 


Saturday we got up, ate breakfast and went grocery shopping.  Then we sat down with the guide and did the paperwork for our consulate appointment on Thursday.  After that Daniel and I toured the hotel (yes it is that big), took a nap, and went out to dinner with a group of adopting families.  Today we are going sightseeing with our guide.  I am not sure exactly what we're going to see, but it should be fun.

I will leave you with some pictures of the girls and Daniel.  There is a little playroom in the hotel and they had a good time playing.











I will try to post again this evening with some pictures from our day today.

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language